Sunday, July 19, 2009

Bug Jam

My Boys left me to it this weekend and traveled down south to Santa Pod Raceway to join in the fun at Bug Jam, the Volkswagen festival. HID and I had been a few times, we both love it, and I was a little sad to have missed Boy's first time due to illness, but HID took some great photos I just had to share!

Check out this car's sound system!


Loving the paint job on this one.


Green & mean


The jet car gets ready for take-off!


New-style beetle pulls a donut.


Dino-Beetle!


An awe-inspiring bike stunt!


A shot of the track at Santa Pod.


Furbie the beetle


Hot chevvy


Bounce like a rapper!


A must have item for any young festival go-er, be it music or cars: Peltor ear defenders to protect their precious hearing. Boy kept his on when he realised how noisy the jet cars, monster trucks & bikes were.


Purchase of the weekend from the "alternative" stalls on offer: a pair of baby Vans. So cute!


So while the boys had the time of their lives being noisy and eating junk food (and getting sunburned, argh!!! Factor 30 is going in the bin, bring on the 50+), I was all alone and housebound, having recently had to give up driving with my SPD. Grrrr. I was supposed to be resting, and I did! I slept, I bathed, I read, I watched Ugly Betty. But I also, sneakily, made 4 lasagnes and 4 cheese & veg pasta bakes for the freezer, washed the curtains, had a clearout for the charity shop and filled the newly acquired cupboard space with junk from the spare room (soon to be Boy's new bedroom as we will be needing the nursery...) and re-propped all the tomato plants that had fallen over in the rain. So quite dull and productive really!

But, as you can see, the boys, and Auntie C, had a great time. Bug Jam is a fab place for kids, the family camping is lovely and quiet too, and music goes off at 10pm. (Yes, there's music and comedy too.) So maybe I'll see you there next year, fully recovered, with two little monsters, not just one!

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 9:12 pm , Blogger san said...

It looks fab. I'm glad you got to chill and do your own thing, even if that 'thing' is to wash curtains! :-)

 
At 9:10 am , Blogger Tim Atkinson said...

You've made such good use of your time 'off' they'll all be planning another trip without you if you're not careful!

 
At 10:42 am , Blogger Kelly said...

Oh the Furbie is so cute, and those Vans are to die for. Cannot wait to have a little man to take to these sort of things. Reckon the big man would enjoy it too!

 
At 11:08 am , Blogger Kelly said...

Award for you over at mine. If you have already received it this means you are twice as fabulous!

 
At 6:09 pm , Blogger and1moremeans5 said...

great piccys! I've tagged you over at mine xxx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home