Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Bargain Bin

It's always worth riffling through the "reduced" section in supermarkets. Yesterday, I sent HID to the local establishment for milk and he came home with the following:
a packet of expensive shortbread biscuits
a Christmas tin of Cadbury's biscuits
a Christmas tin of Fox's biscuits
a box of Ferrero Rochers
all of which were in quite battered packaging, but crucially, not in the least bit battered inside, even the shortbreads.
Guess how much???
15p!
Fifteen of your finest pence each. He will be getting sent out for milk more often.

6 Comments:

At 2:05 pm , Blogger Jen Walshaw said...

Does he want to come and do my shopping, there is never anything like that in the reduced bins and I do look all the time!!

 
At 9:56 pm , Anonymous Laura McIntyre said...

for the lot? That really is amazing. Have fun eating it all

 
At 10:17 pm , Blogger Leadership Learning said...

where is this local establishment!!?? My hubby is a nightmare for food shopping! I've been sending him at the mo with toddler so I can have a break, he manages to spend £100+ on a weekly shop!!!! I think I'll have to start going with him again or borrow your HID!!!

 
At 9:05 am , Anonymous Childrens bedroom furniture said...

15p for all that? I might send our resident male out alone in future :-)

 
At 9:12 pm , Anonymous Diney said...

My husband is one of those who sticks rigidly to The List so if I send him for a loaf of bread, that is all I get. It would be nice if he picked up some nice chocs or a bottle of wine while he was there! Lucky you!

 
At 7:19 pm , Blogger allgrownup said...

Laura C: its morrisons. more reasons eh?!
HID is a particularly good catch, skilled not only in shopping, but other domestic areas too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home