Friday, February 23, 2007

Sleeping Ugly




I am so tired. This is like colossal sleepiness. I have so much to do, I'm going to bed late and getting up early. Working full time hours at one of my jobs and part time hours at the other, trying to kid myself that I can do the final year of my degree as well. I'm way behind on the dissertation front!




Today I am in uni by 7.15am, partly to get a parking space withing a 2 mile radius (like gold dust they are) but partly to try and motivate myself to get some reading done before my solid 9-5 of lectures begins. My eyes are so tired this is a pointless task, and my brain is so fuzzy whatever I do manage to read sounds like gibberish.




Went to the ladies and caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. I look like I drank a few litres of vodka til the early hours then rubbed chilli in my eyes. My skin is pale and grey, I look like death! It doesn't help that I haven't found time to wash my hair in the last few days, and no amount of clever styling, talcum powder or large hairbands can disguise it once it's gone past a certain point!




It wouldn't be so bad if I slept soundly for the few hours I do grab of a night, but I wake up every hour, either from a daft nightmare or thinking I'm late getting up. I'm going to have to start taking herbal remedies to KEEP me asleep.




And it's my weekend ON at work this weekend! So that means no lie in. Work straight from uni at 5pm, finish at 11am Saturday, then in again 10am Sunday-11am Monday, whereby I'm straight to uni for a meeting with my project supervisor. Then work Tuesday 10am - 11pm, an interview for a summer job 8.30 am Wednesday morning, then TRAINING for work Wednesday 10am - 3pm, half a day at uni Thursday, straight to work at my part time job til 9 that evening, full day at uni Friday 2nd March, then straight to work (that is, two weekends on in a ROW! I'm such a pushover, why can't I just say no?), finish work at 11 PM (yes pm) on Saturday night. When the HELL am I going to do my dissertation?!




Luckily, I know only too well that I've taken on too much, and March is my LAST MONTH of full time hours til I go over to doing one 25 hour shift a week! Bliss! Then when I finish uni, I can whack up the hours again over summer.




Gosh, I'm so glad I had a little complain to you. I feel a bit better now!




Grown.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home