Thursday, June 11, 2009

Tip of the Day


Posting has been somewhat sporadic of late, I've just been too tired! Putting this down to a poorly little man waking 5+ times a night,and new painkillers that make me drowsy. So no matter how many times I go to bed at 9pm, or sleep during Boy's daytime naps, I'm not catching up. But I have got time for this top tip: for cooling hot porridge (or in this case, readybrek) at breakfast time for impatient tots! Whenever I make a smoothie, I make a little extra and pour it into ice-cube trays for freezing. Then pop one or two out into hot porridge, for flavour as well as to cool it down! Even more fun if you use funny shaped ice-cube trays like our heart-shaped one from ikea. Makes healthy but boring porridge much more interesting! Also would work with frozen baby purees, such as stewed apples etc. Lots of fun to stir in the swirly colours for my Boy. With his hands. Such lovely manners!

6 Comments:

At 7:40 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great idea. Hope you catch up on your sleep soon, I know how disabling it can be. I can't think properly without a decent night's sleep. Or sting a together sentence!!

 
At 8:23 pm , Blogger Unknown said...

Excellent tip! Love the heart shapes...off to Ikea I go!

 
At 9:51 pm , Blogger Maternal Tales said...

Such a good idea - we're not very patient down here...will have to put that to the test. Hope you all feel better soon x

 
At 9:49 pm , Blogger san said...

What a great idea!

Award for you at mine :-)

 
At 9:18 pm , Blogger The wife of bold said...

Fab tip...well done i will definately try as it's always too hot and mine are very impatient!

 
At 9:34 am , Blogger Katherine said...

Lovely, showed the piccie to my kids and they loved the heart. Know what you mean about the tiredness; it grinds you down.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home