Thursday, February 18, 2010

Sibling Love


I love how he loves her. How she HAS to be the first person he sees when he wakes. How she is the ONLY person who can pacify him when his shoulders heave with tears of frustration. How his eyes dance with joy when he's reunited with her. How I now play second fiddle to the new lady in his life.



I love how she loves him. How she squeals with delight when he gives her his undivided attention. How she traces his beloved face with her tiny, thoughtful fingers. How she can be brought from the blackest of moods with just one of his tender kisses.



I love how they are together. The way they already, after five months together, have little in jokes that I just don't get and know nothing about the reasons for their fits of giggles. When I am driving my car and he mimics her babbles and squeals. until they are both laughing so hard they can hardly breathe. I love that I don't need to think of ways for each child to be entertained while I just get dressed, for they entertain each other.

I know now that having a second child doesn't halve the love you feel for your first. I love him in so many more new ways as he fills his role as a big brother. Not only does he have somebody new in his life to love, but she loves him back so fiercely, I sometimes almost don't believe it. Two children doubles the love. At least.

2 Comments:

At 2:32 pm , Blogger Cave Mother said...

So nice. I kind of can't wait to have another one and see how they relate to each other! I know how Cave Baby already loves playing with older children, and I can imagine how much she would love it if she had an older sibling. Still, I'm going to wait until I'm sure I really could cope with looking after two babies first! Could be a while... It sounds like you're doing a good job, though.

 
At 2:42 pm , Blogger allgrownup said...

thank you, with two so young, it has been very tough, but there's light at the end of the tunnel. we have our down days, but its mostly good stuff now :-)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home